The G1™ kennel works better for your dog in the heat than any other pet travel crate we've put to the test. We worked with a third-party lab to stimulate different environments and conditions and found that the kennel stays an average of 8% cooler than a leading single-wall rotomolded kennel.
You can find the details of our Thermal Property test here. We have also broken down the testing a bit further here to show pack members the test parameters.
Here are some quick facts on the kennel:
- The G1 Kennel stays 12% cooler than a leading aluminum kennel.
- Our kennel is the only double-wall rotomolded option on the market. That's important because the extra layer of rotomolded material is proven to better block UV rays, as well as humidity.
- The rubber feet on our crates raises them off the ground, limiting heat transmission from surfaces like pavement and truck beds.
- Purchasing one of our pad accessories add an additional layer of protection, helping bring temps down inside the crate.
- The G1™ has ample airflow with 10 windows on its sides, a vented door and three rear windows. The Fan Kit 2.0 gets even more air circulation through there.
We know you know this, but we've gotta say it: we never recommend leaving your dog in the kennel for extended periods of time in the heat.
Please sign in to leave a comment.