Yes, and that's a really important part of what sets Gunner Kennels apart from any other crate on the market: safety. The G1™ kennel is the first 5 Star Crash Test Rated pet travel crate, certified by the Center For Pet Safety. You can watch those CPS crash test videos (plus ones that we conducted ourself) on YouTube here.
In addition, here are a few additional facts to demonstrate why it's so important to use a crash tested restraint while traveling:
- Read our testimonials from real customers, who say Gunner Kennels saved their dog.
- 85% of products failed the safety certification when crash tested by the Center For Pet Safety in their 2015 safety study test.
- An estimated 100,000 dogs are killed each year falling from pickup trucks, and more are injured, according to the American Humane Society.
- In a vehicle accident at 35 mph, an unrestrained 60 lb. dog can carry the force of 2,700 lb. of projectile, according to Bark Buckle UP advocacy group. Think about the implications of that, for not only your dog but all your passengers included.
- There are 89.7 million household dogs in the U.S., per 2016 Census Bureau data. The AAA reports that though nearly 85 percent of owners travel with their dogs, only 16 percent of them use some form of restraint while their dog is in the vehicle. That's over 64 million dogs at risk.
- We've put this kennel through our own stress tests, to see just how much it can withstand. We applied over 4,000 lbs of force through a vice machine (the kennel broke the machine at 4,000 lb), dropped a 630 lb sled from 8’3”, threw the G1™ from a 200-foot cliff drop, and shot it with a 12-gauge shotgun at 7 steps with no bullet penetration. Watch the results.
Please sign in to leave a comment.